Medical Scribe - Ortho Clinic - #2008515
Northern Arizona Healthcare Corporation
City: Mormon Lake, AZ
Contract type: Full time
Overview: The Medical Scribe, working within a clinical practice, will assist physicians with their nonclinical duties. S/he will extemporaneously transcribe the patient’s medical record for the physician, assist the physician in retrieving old medical records, lab results, and radiology results. The Medical Scribe assists the provider with other clerical operations that would support his/her function and efficiency in non-clinical patient care Responsibilities: Administrative
- Documents procedures, patient orders (laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.) performed by the provider.
- Maintains patient's workup by documenting all results into patient's charts.
- Obtains medical records (old and new) and test results.
- Documents all consultations/discussions with family and/or the patient’s private physician or the on-call physician.
- Completes patient’s chart by transcribing results of all labs, x-rays, and other evaluations.
- Lists all proper diagnoses as well as any discharge/follow up instructions and prescriptions, as dictated by the provider.
- Inputs billing codes (CPT and ICD) under the direct orders of the provider only.
- Notifies provider and medical assistant of what needs attention by processing documents into patient's chart.
- Responsible for scheduling appointment and assisting the medical assistant.
- Initiates prior authorizations; follow-up on prior-auth status and communicates status information with patient.
- Ensures billing is up to date by checking missing slips.
- Verifies all required orders are completed before patient comes in.
- High School Diploma or GED- Required
- Fingerprint Clearance Card application number- Required upon hire
- Fingerprint Clearance Card- Required within 90 days of hire