Customer Service Specialist - Finances - #2008165
Arizona State University
Serves as the primary contact for customer concerns/inquiries on such subjects as financial aid eligibility, processing requirements, student business services policies and procedures, balance inquiries and issues related to the overall financial services profile of the student at ASU, while communicating to both external and internal customers in a professional manner.
We are currently hiring for shift: Sunday - Thursday 1:00pm - 10:00pm
Job FamilyClerical & Admin Support
VP CodeUNIV TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
Scope of SearchOpen
Grant Funded PositionThis is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding
Salary Range$16.00 per hour
- Resolves basic issues, general concerns and inquiries through phone, email and chat regarding Financial Aid and Scholarship Services (FASS), and Student Business Services (SBS) processes and policies.
- Assists with self-service activities to ensure customer comprehension and satisfaction regarding FASS and SBS questions, policies and procedures.
- Participates in, and contributes to, scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve university policy and processes.
- Prepares activity reports/logs on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Establishes trust through commitment to ASU and student success and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provides personalized customer service at the highest level.
- Understands and satisfies customer needs and capitalizes on opportunities to improve customer service and satisfaction.
- Researches questions and responds to customer inquiries accurately and expediently.
- Completes call logs and other appropriate reports.
- Inputs data and ensures the accuracy of all information entered into the system.
- Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms - collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Days and Schedule: Sunday - Thursday 1:00pm - 10:00pm
One-two years’ experience in a customer service environment and experience in a frontline customer service environment OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in supporting students from diverse backgrounds via telephone, email, and chat
- Experience in logging in customer information into a call tracking system(s)
- Experience in multi-tasking
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures
- Experience in a financial aid customer service environment (1 year)
- Demonstrated knowledge of student business services policies and procedures
- Experience with using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with using web browsers
- Experience answering high volume customer service inquiries by phone, email and/or chat
- Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution's sustainability programs
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending and reaching.
Department StatementThe University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements - Under the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, ASU expects all employees, including new hires, to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required by January 4, 2022. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s https://cfo.asu.edu/DEI and see “Workplace accommodations”.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification StatementASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications
Background Check StatementASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check
Fingerprint Check StatementThis position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.