2nd Assistant Store Director - #1843379
In Food City stores the merchandising manager is second in command after the store director and in Bashas’ stores the third in command. The merchandising manager will work with the store director to effectively direct and supervise all activities of the retail grocery store and its personnel to achieve sales, profits and customer service goals established for the store.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Serving as a leader of his/her store team, and as such an excellent role model, coach, performance evaluator and trainer
- Creating a store environment members want to work in and customer want to shop in.
- Supervising the merchandising of the general department, ensuring grocery, non-foods, frozen foods, liquor, and HBC departments are merchandised to store and company standards.
- Working with the night crew chief and night crew team and day clerks to ensure proper general department merchandising and product availability.
- Building product end caps, floor displays and side stacks.
- Executing, communicating and supporting all Bashas’/Food City sales and merchandising programs.
- Overseeing the ordering all general department merchandise, auditing all products received, ensuring proper shelf stock levels for our customers and minimum levels of product shrink.
- Working with our warehouse buyers and vendor/suppliers to ensure the availability and merchandising of attractive product offerings.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information and suggestions.
- Observing and enforcing all store rules and company policies.
- Overseeing the selection and training of new members.
- Helping to create a department budget.
- Tracking financial reports (e.g. profit and loss, sales and expenses).
- Ensuring compliance with all heath department and weights and measures department guidelines and requirements.
- Ensuring product signage and shelf tags meet all Bashas’ and governmental weights and measures policies and requirements.
- Achieving department sales and profits goals.
- Operating a cash register.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old. At least 3 years of retail grocery experience, with at least one year of management experience.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Lead store members by following and setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable to meeting goals.
- Have an understanding of all company policies and procedures.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly/efficiently to accomplish assigned duties, ensuring all team members do the same.
- Determine cost of goods of merchandise sold, as well as margins and gross profit percents.
- Determine retail prices of a products based on cost of goods and profit goals.
- Share with customers and team members an extensive knowledge of products merchandised within the store.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and operate a cash register.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions, speech and writing.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Use Microsoft Word applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Read product labels, shelf tags and company bulletins.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 – 50 lbs.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Work with a wide variety of cleaning chemicals including ammonia based products.