Nursing Home Administrator - #1843128
2812 Silver Creek Rd
We are seeking an experienced forward-thinking, goal-orientated, nursing home administrator to direct the day to day operation of a long-term care / skilled nursing facility in Bullhead City, AZ. In this position you will manage, direct, and coordinate health and medical services in the facility. You must be approachable and motivating, with proven leadership experience. Working in our facility requires compassion, strong leadership & teamwork skills, and a willingness to work hard. We offer unique benefits as well as traditional benefits, a fun and collaborative working environment that is focused on resident care and a positive employee experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee the day-to-day management of healthcare services
Working alongside residents’ families and healthcare workers to plan care for residents’ needs and coordinate with nursing staff to provide treatment.
· Regularly monitor residents to ensure compliance and make any necessary changes to improve care.
· Direct, supervise, and evaluate the work activities of personnel, including medical and nursing staff, technical and clerical staff, and service and maintenance staff.
· Ensure staff follow policies
· Assist team members to resolve conflicts and assist with professional development
· Ensure regulatory compliance.
· Improve operations, look for ways to improve care for residents, save money, and operate more efficiently to make the facility operate more effectively.
- Coordinate and organize work schedules and staff assignments, taking into account workload and equipment and space availability.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for the facility
- Collaborate with the finance team to manage fiscal operations such as budget planning, expenditure authorization, and maintaining the facility budget
- Liaise between department heads, and facility staff; attend board meetings and coordinate interdepartmental meetings
- Develop objectives; evaluate progress toward those goals on a department or facility-wide basis
- Monitor the use of facility resources for effectiveness; assess the need for additional staff and resources to ensure efficacy
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Enforce all health and safety rules and regulations according to state/federal laws and company protocol
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or related field
· Work experience of at least 6 years as a nursing home administrator of a long-term care facility
· Current licensed Nursing Home Administrator in good standing and currently licensed by the state of AZ
· Obtain and maintain DPS fingerprint clearance card, CPR certification
· Participate in infection control testing as required by Federal, State and Local regulations, such as TB or COVID testing.
· Safety sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493
· Computer proficiency in healthcare record systems, email, and word processing
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
· Attention to detail in completing work tasks
· Superb interpersonal communication skills
· Strong critical thinking skills; ability to make decisions with sound judgment
· Friendly polite and courteous demeanor
· Able to take direction
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Work and cooperate as part of a team and act as a leader
· Must be able to see, hear, and speak clearly. Regularly required to talk, hear and read.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds frequently and to lift and carry up to 30 pounds on occasion
· Requires physical activities including, moving, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, sitting, stretching, walking, standing, turning, grasping, squatting, kneeling & reaching.
· Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
· Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles and some mechanical equipment.
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns, and goggles.
· Frequent exposure to a variety of patient conditions and elements.
· Frequent interaction with persons who are disabled, elderly and emotionally upset.
· Requires the ability to work with frequent interruptions with a workload that may be unpredictable and difficult to manage at times.
· Operate a motor vehicle to travel to various worksites.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations