1.0FTE Student Activities Manager - Education Center - #1812467
Scottsdale USD 48
PAY GRADE: Support Exempt I
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The job of Student Activities Manager is done for the purpose/s of supervising the financial functions of student activities at school sites; conveying and updating fiscal information; and ensuring that revenues are generated, expenses are within budget limits and fiscal practices are followed; and all aspects of extracurricular fee tax credit statute.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
Conducts unannounced site visits for the purpose of observing and evaluating each site’s cash procedures in regard to auxiliary, student activities and tax credit monies.
- Coordinates development of reports (e.g. Arizona Department of Revenue, Annual Financial Report for Student Activities, Auxiliary Operations, Fee Tax Credit, fund raisers, sales tax, etc.) for the purpose of meeting deadlines and complying with district, state and federal guidelines.
- Coordinates and reconciles District bank accounts for the purpose of ensuring District compliance and accuracy.
- Ensures compliance with USFR in procurement (purchase orders) and accounts payable for Student Activities and Auxiliary Operations funds for the purpose of making accurate and timely payments to vendors.
- Evaluates the performance of department employees for the purpose of ensuring that policies and procedures are being followed.
- Interprets, implements and trains personnel at each school in the recording, spending and reporting of extracurricular fee tax credits; audits financial records and prepares reports to be submitted to Arizona Department of Revenue for fee tax credit; coordinates and prepares information to be communicated with public and responds to questions from the public as a District spokesperson for fee tax credit for the purpose of conveying timely and accurate information.
- Maintains various fiscal information, files and records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Monitors fund balances of assigned programs and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, related revenues are generated, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. reports, schedules, correspondence, etc.) for the purpose of providing support and/or conveying information.
- Reconciles account balances in general ledger (e.g. Student Activities clubs and Auxiliary Operations fees, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining accurate balances and complying with related USFR and district policies.
- Responds to inquiries regarding various procedures and requirements for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with established fiscal guidelines.
- Supervises three personnel at the District office for the purpose of maintaining guidance, direction and compliance.
- Supervises collection of funds from student events at schools (e.g. ticket sales, yearbook purchases, athletic events, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and timely completion of transactions.
- Trains, guides and supports personnel at each middle and elementary school who are responsible for Student Activities, Auxiliary Operations, including Fee Tax Credit, for the purpose of ensuring successful completion of their work in these areas.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is desired
Experience: 5 years’ experience in Accounting desired, including supervisory responsibilities. 2 years’ experience in school district finance preferred.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- None specified
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Working knowledge of integrated school finance software.
- Familiarity with mainframe/PC platforms and software.
- Mastery of written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be knowledgeable of Uniform System of Financial Records.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.